CloudMASTER Cloud Master Bootcamp (CTCC-302)
CarverTC Principals Bob Carver and Peter Lammers were primary authors of materials for this course for Logical Operations with input and guidance from subject matter experts at NCTA.
Begins: September 18, 2017 at 8:00 AM Pacific Time (US)
Ends: October 2, 2017 at 3:00 PM Pacific Time (US)
Instructor: Bob Carver
This course combines our three NTCA cloud master courses: Cloud Technologies, Cloud Operations, and Cloud Architecture in a compressed delivery designed to maximize emersion, and minimize time in class. This class covers common technologies, benefits, and trends that are drawing businesses and organizations of all types to use cloud services. You will apply those concepts to evaluate, select, plan, and implement cloud Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions. In doing so, you will identify common barriers to adoption, and strategies that can avoid common cloud implementation pitfalls. You will gain the skills to compare, evaluate, and recommend which services are the best choice in a given scenario.
You will then move on to cloud operations to deploy and configure various Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud services; employ automation tools such as Chef™ and Puppet® to manage cloud services; explore data import/export techniques and considerations; manage security and compliance in the cloud; and plan and execute a phased cloud migration.
In the final part of the course, you must apply techniques and strategies to design secure, scalable, cost-effective cloud solutions as a cloud master, and be able to convince executives to move forward with your recommendations. In this course, you will develop critical skills in discovering information essential to successfully planning cloud projects, determining requirements, and documenting information and recommendations. In addition, you will apply those concepts to evaluate cloud service providers, and design highly available and scalable solutions that are secure. You will leave this course able to compare, evaluate, and recommend cloud service providers, design secure and scalable cloud solutions, and give compelling, data-backed presentations that will get your recommendations approved, and your cloud projects green-lighted.
The last day of the course is for final review and cloud master exam preparation. Our instructors will quiz you on topics covered in the exams to reinforce key concepts and information, and prepare you to become a Certified CloudMASTER®. Click the following link to learn more about the NCTA CloudMASTER® certification program.
In this course, you will manage the core set of cloud technologies needed to function as a Certified Cloud Master. You will then deploy, configure, and administer Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions as needed to function as a Certified Cloud Master. Finally, you will manage the design and plan the implementation of cloud architectures as needed to function as a Certified Cloud Master.
- Deploy applications to Opscode Chef®
- Manage cloud services with Chef
- Describe Puppet
- Implement Rackspace Cloud Servers
- Import and export data from cloud services
- Manage security and compliance in cloud solutions
- Plan and execute a phased cloud migration
- Assess cloud solutions options
- Prepare for cloud migration
- Determine technical requirements
- Evaluate cloud service components
- Select Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure components
- Determine database requirements
- Select Rackspace cloud features and components
- Select Microsoft Azure® features and components
- Determine licensing and Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements
- Design scalable cloud solutions
- Provide business continuity and disaster recovery
- Secure data in the cloud
- Secure access to cloud services
- Present your cloud migration plan
- Identify the benefits of cloud computing
- Select end-user cloud technologies
- Plan cloud adoption
- Address barriers to cloud implementation
- Select and implement free SaaS solutions
- Select and implement paid SaaS solutions
- Plan for cloud service migration
- Select SaaS solutions for small businesses
- Select SaaS solutions for medium and enterprise business
- Integrate SaaS solutions
- Select PaaS solutions
- Select IaaS solutions
- Describe cloud operations
- Plan cloud services implementation
- Deploy a cloud application with DigitalOcean®
- Deploy a cloud application with Heroku®
- Deploy websites and apps with Microsoft Azure®
- Implement Azure Cloud Services and virtual machines
- Manage Azure applications with Visual Studio
- Deploy applications with AWS
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for system administrators who wish evaluate, select, implement, operate, and design Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions, Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions and other cloud solutions. This course is for systems administrators who maintaining, secure, and optimize cloud solutions to achieve the best total cost of ownership (TCO) and return on investment (ROI). It is designed for system administrators who must interface with key stakeholders and perform cost-benefit analysis of cloud solutions, to achieve adoption of cloud projects. Finally, this course target systems administrators who desire to take achieve the Certified CloudMASTER® credential.
To ensure your success in this course you should have experience with basic client and server deployment, configuration, and use. You should also be familiar with evaluating, implementing, accessing, and administering cloud services, including Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions. You should also have experience deploying applications to, and managing applications in, cloud environments.
Register Now by Clicking Book Below
Call us to arrange a private class at (503) 372-9263.
If multiple people in your organization are interested, see our 10% for 3 offer.